Application Deadline: February 21, 2024, 17:00 CET
About the Award: The European Research Council (ERC) is calling for entries for its Public Engagement with Research Award, an initiative aimed at acknowledging and rewarding exceptional ERC-funded Principal Investigators who excel in communicating and engaging the public with their ERC-funded research. This award seeks to highlight the importance of making scientific research accessible and engaging to non-specialist audiences, thereby fostering a greater public understanding and appreciation of science.
- Participants: All Principal Investigators involved in an ERC frontier research project, either currently ongoing or completed on or after December 31, 2021.
- Academic Requirement: Must hold a PhD.
- Disciplines: Open to all disciplines including applied sciences, computer science, humanities, mathematics, medicine, natural sciences, and social sciences.
Award Details: Winners of the ERC Public Engagement with Research Award will each receive a prize of 10,000 EUR, recognizing their outstanding efforts in science communication and public engagement.
- Early-career principal investigators,
- Mid-career researchers,
- Senior researchers across a wide range of scientific disciplines.
Application Process: Eligible principal investigators are encouraged to apply for the award by demonstrating their innovative and impactful approaches to engaging with the public on scientific topics. The application must highlight how the ERC-funded research has been communicated to audiences outside the scientific community.
For detailed information on how to apply, criteria for selection, and more about the benefits of engaging in public outreach, visit the official website